February 5, 2013 by blackbirdideas
*I have one more “shout out” planned for my friend and photographer, Jamie. Once I get the official pictures I will share those too…. and my overwhelming scary love for this man.
I don’t know what it is about winter that turns me into a total hermit. Maybe its the cold… maybe its the good tv… maybe its my new sofa. Whatever it is, its working. I texted my pal, Thao, this weekend to see if she wanted to get together this week and she wrote back “Really?!?!” Uh. Yeah. Its time to get out of the house.
John and I have plans to celebrate a friend’s birthday Saturday night, so we have already planned (pre-planned in fact) a night in on Friday night.
I took to the internet, Pinterest in fact, to get excited about a nice night in.
1. A little game of Chinese Checkers. I love this game. We have already planned on turning the tv off and enjoying some old fashioned fun. Games. Bonfire. Dinner.
3. Can you say Queso Blanco? I sure as hell can. Is there anything better than the cheese dip at a Mexican restaurant?
4. I have been craving guacamole lately. Yesterday I ate an avocado for dinner… and sushi. But I just can’t seem to get enough of that sour lime and salt & pepper flavor.
5. John is a steak man. He asks for steak constantly and I like to save it for the weekends… once on the weekends. He could eat it twice a day and it would never register to him that that is too much red meat. So I know he will love these Flank Steak Fajitas.
Uh! Is it Friday yet? This fun in-night is going to torture me the rest of the week. Have a great one.
New to Blackbird Ideas?
One Year Ago: Super Bowl Snackies
Two Years Ago: I Think I Am Going To Die
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share (Opens in new window)